Thursday 14 June 2012

Convocation


Yesterday was my convocation where many of my friends and classmates walked up to the stage to receive our degrees. I can't believe four years has passed by so fast. I definitely changed and matured as a person throughout undergrad with being a clueless first year to someone who has been able to contribute to her university and be involved in various aspects of university life. It was a bitter sweet moment as my friends and I took our photos together yesterday - we're all pursuing relatively different careers and attending professional programs at different places which makes spending time together a bit more difficult. Nonetheless, I'm sure that with today's technology, catching up wouldn't be THAT hard =)

I've learned many skills and made many great relationships during my time in university and I cannot wait to continue on with the next chapter of my life. From the bottom of my heart to the depths of my soul , I want to thank all of my family and friends who have been an unwavering source of support for me in the past four years. I wouldn't be who I am today nor where I am today if it weren't for your encouragement and words of wisdom.

And to end off with one of my favourite quotes:

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”  - Dr. Seuss (Oh, the places you'll go!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...